From: Allen West
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 04:48 PM
To: Debbie Wasserman Schultz
Subject: Unprofessional and Inappropriate Sophomoric Behavior from Wasserman-Schultz

Look, Debbie . . . let me make myself perfectly clear . . . you are the most vile, unprofessional, and despicable member of the US House of Representatives. If you have something to say to me, stop being a coward and say it to my face, otherwise, shut the heck up. . . You have proven repeatedly that you are not a Lady, therefore, shall not be afforded due respect from me!”

This is the Republican response to the issues – childish insults. Where is Rep. West’s argument in favor of punishing the middle class, poor, and elderly to benefit the rich? If this is the best argument West has, perhaps until he has something substantive to say on the issues he should be the one to “shut the heck up”.

The Palm Beach Post gives Wassserman Schultz spokesman Jonathan Beeton’s response:

“I don’t think that Congressman West is upset at the Congresswoman, but rather with the fact that she highlighted that he and other Republicans are once again trying to balance the budget on the backs of seniors, children and the middle class. As someone who lives in Congresswoman Wasserman Schultz’s Congressional district, Congressman West knows that we have hundreds of thousands of seniors in South Florida who have paid into Medicare throughout their lives and now rely on this program to keep them healthy and active.”

The West camp claims Wasserman Schultz took a “cheap shot” but I think it’s clear from where the cheap shot actually originated.